Bhopal is the capital of the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh and the administrative headquarters of Bhopal district and Bhopal division. The city was the capital of the former Bhopal State. Bhopal is known as the City of Lakes for its various natural as well as artificial lakes and is also one of the greenest cities in India. It is the 17th largest city in the country and 131st in the world.
A Y-class city, Bhopal houses various institutions and installations of national importance, including ISRO’s Master Control Facility and BHEL. Bhopal is home to the largest number of Institutes of National Importance in India, namely IISER, MANIT, SPA, AIIMS and NLIU.
The city attracted international attention in December 1984 after the Bhopal disaster, when a Union Carbide India Limited (UCIL) pesticide manufacturing plant (now owned by Dow Chemical Company) leaked a mixture of deadly gases composed mainly of methyl isocyanate, leading to one of the worst industrial disasters in the world’s history. The Bhopal disaster continues to be a part of the socio-political debate and a logistical challenge for the people of Bhopal.
- List Of Construction Companies In Kochi [Ernakulam]
- List Of Construction Companies In Surat
- List Of Construction Companies In Ranchi
- List Of Construction Companies In Patna
- List Of Construction Companies In Mangalore
- List Of Construction Companies In Lucknow
- List Of Construction Companies In Kanpur
- List Of Construction Companies In Jaipur
- List Of Construction Companies In Indore
- List Of Construction Companies In Gurgaon [Gurugram]
- List Of Construction Companies In Dehradun
- List Of Construction Companies In Chandigarh
- List Of Construction Companies In Allahabad
- List Of Construction Companies in Noida
Bhopal has been selected as one of the first twenty Indian cities to be developed as a smart city under PM Narendra Modi’s flagship Smart Cities Mission and will be the first smart city of India in coming years. The city has been adjudged as the 21st cleanest city in India.
National Highway No.12 passes through Bhopal which connects it to Jabalpur in the East and Jaipur in the West. National Highway 86 connects Bhopal to Sagar in the East to Dewas & Ujjain in the West. State Highway 17 connects the city with Indore.
Bhopal has Bus Rapid Transit System, which became functional from the year 2013. Bhopal City Link Limited (BCLL) is responsible to connect the whole City by a well planned bus network. The company has identified 4 trunk and 8 standard routes in the city on which 225 buses would be operated daily (365 a day in a year), from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. 82 Bus Stops are built along the 24 km long corridor.
These Bus-Stops have Display-Boards with the information of incoming Buses and siting arrangements has been made for the passengers. A 2-door system will help safe ride for the passengers, where one door will open only when the Bus arrives and another door will open only if the person carries a valid ticket.
Construction Companies In Bhopal
[table id=24 /]